THE BITTER APPLE FROM THE TREE
GERMANY, SOUTH KOREA 30 MIN
The film shows the modernization of Korea from my personal perspective. The city is astonishing, it is full of hopes, it gives lots of expectations, unrealistic dreams for everyone. The storytelling in this film is associative. I have at the same time partly played with the Idea of Anagram. I have connected the pictures and meanings indirectly with each other. Similar like in laying out tarot cards. The narration was developed through the combination of symbols and its interpretation and swapping of pictures. A poetic language, one looks a woman in the system of the society, and how she lives.
Born in Incheon, South Korea. She got her bachelor’s degree in film from Hamburg’s HfbK film school in 2014, before going on to do a master’s with Professor Robert Bramkamp. “The Bitter Apple from the Tree” won the HfbK film prize in 2015.
- International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, Germany 2015
- Charlotte Film Festival, USA 2015
- Astra International documentary Film Festival, Romania 2015
- Asiana International short Film Festival, Southkorea 2015
- Tartu World Film Festival, Estonia 2016
- Dokumentamadrid, Spain 2016
Short Competition 2016