SOUNDS FOR MAZIN
NETHERLANDS 19 MIN
Mazin (12) is born deaf, but now he faces an operation that is supposed to make him hear. He is looking forward to it, but it freakes him out at the same time. Will sound drag him out of his comfort zone?
In her work Ingrid has always been interested in young people. After graduating her master psychology, she directed films at a lot of primary school’s, as a part of an education program.
After a second master in journalism, Ingrid directed a tv serie about childeren for AT5, the Amsterdam broadcasting company. Ingrid worked as a journalist for Dutch radio and television. In 2009 she decided to develop in documentary filmmaking. She started a parttime education on the St. Joost Art Academy. During her education she was selected fot the IDFA Kids and Docs workshop, the famous IDFA workshop for young filmmakers. ‘Sounds for Mazin’ is her directing debut.
- International documentary festival Amsterdam, Netherlands 2012 — Best Youth Documentary
- Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival, China 2013 — Best Documentary Sound Effect
- Documenta Madrid, Spain 2013 — Audience Award & Best Short Documentary
- Camerimage Int. film festival of the art of cinematography, Poland 2013
- Int’l Short Film Festival Oberhausen, Germany 2013
- Tiff kids Int. Film Festival Toronto, Canada 2013
- Isfahan Int. Film Festival of Children, Iran 2013
- Doha Film Institute (DFI) Experience, Qatar 2013
- Picture this film festival, Calgary Canada 2014 — Best Short documentary
- International Film Festival Shanghai, 2014 — Best Short Documentary
- Asterfest, Macedonia 2014 — Special jury mention
Short Competition 2015