ITALY - SPAIN 25 MIN
Raffael is a 13 years old boy who lives in the suburbs of Naples. From 12:00 to 3:30 p.m. and from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. he sells cigarettes in a street corner with his friend Adama. They are rehearsing to play music at the village’s festival. Meanwhile, police and demonstrators have been struggling for days after the Mayor's decision to evict a compound of apartments. Raffael is waiting with anxiety for his mother to return home. While he waits, he draws a house, with a garden.
Born in Naples. After a degree in International Relations, he moved to Spain to complete his cinematographic formation in the C.E.C.C. - Barcelona. During his studies, he had the possibility to cooperate with some famous Spanish filmmakers such as Xavi Puebla, Isaki Lacuesta, Manel Almiñana and others.
After realizing various projects in Spain, he decided to return to Italy to shoot a short film titled "Vincenzo" with the support of the C.E.C.C. The short film participated in various film festivals, such as the Off Plus Camera in Krakow and was distributed by Grup Cinema Art. Thanks to this short film, Alessandro was granted with the production of a new short film titled "Raffael's way", which was finished in January 2013 and is currently in a promotion phase.
- 66th LOCARNO Film Festival, Switzerland 2013 — Best International Short Film
- 21th Alter-Native Film Festival, Romania 2013 — Prize of the City "Tirgu Mures"
- 16th Genova Film Festival, Italy 2013 — Special Prize "Daunbailò"
- 16th Napoli Film Festival, Italy 2013 — Special Mention of the Jury
- 10th Documenta Madrid, Spain 2013 — 2nd Prize of Jury
- 43th Giffoni International Film Festival, Italy 2013
- 18th Milano Film Festival, Italy 2013
Short Competition 2015