NEXT STOP: RESET
AUSTRIA 5 MIN
In 1954 Franz Wedenig travels by train through Switzerland, France and Spain. In 2013 his granddaughters and artists Alexandra and Elisabeth set out on a “Second Hand Journey”, following his route. By means of found photos and postcards they try to visit the same places and re-enact the photos.
Born in 1978 in Klagenfurt, Austria. She moved to Vienna in 1997 to study film directing at Vienna Filmschool. In 2001 she founded her own production company. She wrote, directed, produced and edited several short films which were screened at festivals around the world.
A professional editor for over 10 years and member of the Austrian editors association (aea) she has edited numerous documentaries and TV-Shows. In 2008 she spent three months in India to edit the feature film „Karma“. In 2013 she completed her first feature film „Reflections of Maya Rose“.
- Austrian FF in Vienna, Austria 2014
- Access Code Film Festival, India 2014
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival, UK 2014
- Cannes Short Film Corner, France 2014
- The Short Film Awards in New York, USA 2014 — Best Short Documentary & Best Editing in a Documentary Shorts
Cinema in Cinema 2015