NETHERLANDS 13 MIN, 2019
While on the verge of a manic episode, the mother of the director gets involved in a suspicious internet relationship. When the director finds out this is a dating scam, he takes on the role of protective parent over his mother, revealing the reversed roles that have developed over the years...
Mama Mania is Vincent’s first short documentary, which he made during his first year in filmschool (HKU University of the Arts Utrecht). The film celebrated its World Premiere at Go Short — International Short Film Festival Nijmegen and the International Premiere at DOK Leipzig. Recently, Mama Mania has also been acquired by Dutch public broadcast NPO. Vincent aims to make scene-based, observational documentaries with a strong personal angle and dramatic structure.
- Go Short International Short Film Festival Nijmegen
- Plons! International Short Documentary Film Festival Leeuwarden
- DOK Leipzig International Documentary and Animation Film Festival
- Rencontres Vidéo en Santé Mentale
- Braunschweig International Film Festival
- Up and Coming International Film Festival Hannover
- International Short Film Festival Vision
- Two Short Nights Film Festival
- Eindhoven Film Festival
- Ghent Viewpoint Documentary Film Festival
Dok Therapy 2020